By Matson Montilla
On Saturday night, Clemson defeated Boston College by a score of 19-13 as the Clemson offense
was led by sophomore running back Kobe Pace, who generated 125 yards rushing, 41 yards
receiving and a touchdown. The defense was also dominant after having a collective of four
sacks and nine tackles for loss. The Tigers are now 3-2 and are entering their bye week before
making the trip up to the Carrier Dome to play Syracuse.
This bye week is much needed as Clemson dealt with a tremendous amount of injuries against
Boston College and needs time to heal up before their next game.
"We were down 10 or 11 guys, it was crazy. Just a mash unit out there," Swinney said after the
Boston College game. "Will Putnam couldn't go because of a bad toe. We lose Davis (Allen,
ejected due to a targeting penalty) which impacted us on special teams a ton; his backup goes in
a gets a huge missed assignment. We lose E.J., Frank, Galloway, Will Taylor, Justyn Ross...
Mario Goodrich couldn't go, we were hopeful we could go. Fred was out again. Joseph
Charleston's hamstring. Just a crazy, crazy situation and guys kept stepping up. Think about Sage
Ennis, who hadn't caught a ball since high school and was out all last year and he made a big
first-down conversion coming off the goal line.”
As Swinney explained, there were a significant amount of injuries, and he did not even mention
other notable stars like Bryan Breese and Will Shipley, who were listed out prior to the game.
Here is an updated list of the injured players:
1. Will Shipley, Running Back, Leg
2. Frank Ladson Jr., Wide Receiver, Groin
3. Fred Davis II, Cornerback, Ankle
4. E.J. Williams, Wide Receiver, Hand/Knee
5. Justyn Ross, Wide Receiver, Head
6. Bryan Breese, Defensive Tackle, Knee
7. Tyler Davis, Defensive Tackle, Bicep
8. Brannon Spector, Wide Receiver, Illness
9. Will Taylor, Quarterback/Wide Receiver, Knee
10. Joseph Charleston, Safety, Hamstring
11. Demonte Capehart, Defensive Tackle, Knee
12. Malcolm Greene, Cornerback, Shoulder
13. Mario Goodrich, Cornerback, Groin
14. Landon Zanders, Safety, Shoulder
15. Tayquan Johnson, Offensive Guard, Pectoral
16. Mason Trotter, Offensive Lineman, Hand
17. Will Putnam, Offensive Guard, Foot
18. Dietrick Pennington, Offensive Lineman, Knee
19. John Williams, Offensive Lineman, Knee
20. Brandon Galloway, Tight End, Head
The bye week is much needed to allow the team to recover, relax and rewind, so they can reset
their mind and body. The Tigers will take on Syracuse at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 15, 2021.