Radio Advertising Basics
- Radio is a long-term advertising medium. It takes time to build a campaign, and it takes time for your commercials to make an impact. All good advertising requires patience and attention for the long term.
- Frequency is critical. Your commercial has to run enough times to make an impact, either short-term or long-term. Without frequency, you reduce the ability of good advertising to make an impact.
- Listeners treat their radio station as family. They need to be treated with respect and intelligence. Speak to the mature, adult, intelligent listener. Be part of their circle; invite, educate, and encourage.
- All good advertising is an investment and should be part of your regular operational expense. Budget for your radio advertising.
- Over 93% of all adults are reached by radio during the week. Radio is the greatest of all advertising media in terms of total reach. Don’t be afraid to use multiple stations to reach more people more often.
- Design the radio campaign for your business... not something a radio station needs to sell!
- Our Audience on The Roar is the most loyal and connected of any radio station you’ll encounter. These listeners expect us to give them information in an entertaining and clear manner. Our listeners listen to the commercials and engage with our advertisers.
Check out what our advertisers say about us:
“Partnering with The Roar for the past six years has been such a wonderful experience for us. Mickey has exceeded our expectations and the team at The Roar has always taken such great care of our needs for ZEROREZ. I would recommend highly to all looking to promote their business and great sports content to listen to!” -ZEROREZ
“With The Tiger Sports Shop, tradition is important, and there is no better tradition than partnering with The ROAR every year. From the on air talent to staff, we have been beyond pleased. Their continued flexibility with everything we have asked of them has been so valuable to us and we look forward to many more traditions!! GO TIGERS!” - The Tiger Sports Shop
"If you're a business owner like me, I have a bit of advice for you - partner with the Clemson Flagship radio station, The Roar. They have made a HUGE difference for my company since I've started working with them. They're locally owned and truly want to see me suceed. Take my advice and give The Roar a call." - Gary Mahaffey of Insurance for Seniors and Disabled
"Our work with The ROAR has outperformed any advertising we've ever done. That's a testament to the listeners as well as the sales staff. It 100% blows away any return I've ever had in other advertising and I would absolutely recommend working with The ROAR to other businesses." - Robert Craft of Clemson Sock Shop
Ready to get started? Contact us today!